TL;DR: This article offers 105+ LinkedIn post ideas, categorized into leadership, marketing, personal growth, and more.
It includes tips on engaging with the LinkedIn algorithm, connecting with potential customers, and building a strong LinkedIn presence with quality content.
Want us to write for you? Learn more about our done-for-you LinkedIn ghostwriting services.
From a content marketing perspective, LinkedIn is a great platform to connect, share, and grow your professional and personal brand.
But sometimes, coming up with fresh LinkedIn post ideas to drive engagement can be tricky.
That’s why we’ve put together this handy guide, filled with over 100+ LinkedIn post ideas to help you connect with your target audience.
We’ve even categorized these LinkedIn content ideas to make it easier to find what resonates with you.
Explore the ideas below and start sharing with your LinkedIn community.
- Share a hobby post: Talk about something you enjoy doing in your free time. It’s a great way to connect with others on a personal level.
- Share a personal passion or cause you care about: Talk about a cause that’s close to your heart, whether it’s a charitable organization, a social issue, or a community project. Explain why it matters to you and how others can get involved.
- Share a highlight from your day: Share something positive that happened to you to brighten someone’s day.
- Share your daily working rituals: Share what helps you stay focused and productive. It could be a morning routine, a favorite productivity tool, or a way you wind down at the end of the day.
- Share a productivity hack: If you’ve found a way to get more done in less time, share it! It could be a new app, a time-management technique, or a way to stay organized that others might find helpful.
- Share your core values: Share the values that guide you in your profession. It could be honesty, creativity, teamwork, or something else that’s important to you.
Personal experiences and growth
- Share a general lesson learned: Sharing something you’ve learned, either from a success or a failure, is a great way to show you’re always learning and growing.
- Share the most nerve-wracking experience in your professional life: This could be an experience that really tested your nerves, like a big presentation, tough negotiation, or challenging project.
- Share a personal development post: Talk about something you’ve learned or a skill you’ve developed, and encourage others to pursue personal growth.
- Share a personal accomplishment and how you achieved it: This could be a goal reached, a project completed, or a problem solved.
- Share a failure and what you learned from it: Talk about a time you failed at something important to you. Share the disappointment, the self-doubt, and how you picked yourself up. Discuss what you learned, how you grew, and how that failure has shaped you. Make it a story of vulnerability, wisdom, and personal growth.
- Share a simple piece of advice for anyone: Offer a universal piece of wisdom that could apply to anyone, regardless of their profession.
- Share the ten biggest things you’ve learned over the last 10 years: Listicles work great on LinkedIn. These 10 things could be professional insights, personal growth, or a mix of both.
Industry news, insights and professional development
- Share a controversial opinion about your industry: Stir the pot by sharing an opinion that might not be popular in your field. It can spark a lively debate and get people talking.
- Share a mind-blowing stat or blog post: Share a statistic or blog post that really made you think. It could be something surprising, thought-provoking, or just plain interesting.
- Share a common misconception about your industry: Clear up confusion by highlighting a common misunderstanding in your field. Explain why it’s incorrect and provide the right information.
- Share a key trend or shift in your industry: This could be a new technology, a change in regulations, or a shift in consumer behavior.
- Share the biggest news story in your industry: This industry news could be about a new product launch, a merger, or a regulatory change.
- Share a major change in customer behavior: If you’ve noticed a shift in how customers are acting, share your observations. They might help others in your industry react better to the change.
- Share a professional development opportunity: If you know of a workshop, course, or other development opportunity, share it. Others might be interested.
- Share a professional tip or trick: This could be a time-saver, productivity booster, or way to make a task easier.
Work and career
- Share your first job and what it taught you: It’s a great way to show how far you’ve come and what you’ve learned along the way.
- Share a big risk that paid off in your career: This could be a career change, a bold decision, or a new approach that worked out well.
- Share when you knew you had found the right career: Detail the exact moment and what was going through your mind at the time, and how the big realization felt.
- Share what you most enjoy about your work: This could be the people you work with, the projects you work on, or the impact you make.
- Share a professional accomplishment: Celebrate a recent professional achievement, such as landing a big client, completing a project, or receiving an award.
- Share your professional goals: Talk about your career aspirations and what you’re doing to achieve them. It can be a way to connect with others who have similar ambitions (or even set you up for your next opportunity).
- Share a case study: A detailed project analysis or success story can provide valuable insights and showcase your expertise.
- Share a work story: A personal anecdote that’s relevant to your profession could be a lesson learned, a funny experience, or a moment of inspiration.
- Share the number one thing your clients are struggling with: This could be a way to offer help or start a conversation about solutions.
- Share a common job challenge and a plan to overcome it: Talk about a difficulty many face in your field and outline a strategy to conquer it.
- Share the three most important moments in your career (‘turning points’): Share three moments that have shaped your career, such as a mentorship, a big project, or a career-defining decision.
- Share what aspect of your work you’re improving: This could be a skill, process, or personal quality.
- Share a behind-the-scenes look: Give people a glimpse of what goes on behind the scenes. It could be your daily work routine, how a product is made, or a sneak peek at an upcoming project.
Team, people, and collaboration
- Share a collaboration with a colleague: Talk about a time when you and a colleague worked closely on a project that challenged both of you. Share the emotional ups and downs, the late nights, the disagreements, and how you both grew from the experience.
- Share a fun or interesting picture of your team: Post a candid photo from a team outing that captures a genuine moment of joy or silliness. Explain what was happening at that moment and why it’s emblematic of your team’s unique bond.
- Share a recent challenge faced by your team: Open up about a crisis or major obstacle that your team faced. Share the fears, the doubts, the mistakes, and how you collectively found a path forward. What did it teach you about trust and resilience?
- Thank someone who has helped you: Publicly call out someone who’s assisted you in a meaningful way. It’s a kind gesture that can strengthen your relationship.
- Share a tribute to a departing team member: Write a deeply personal farewell to a team member who’s moving on. Share what you’ll miss about them, what they brought to the team, and how they’ve left a mark on you.
- Share insights on effective team building: Reflect on your own journey of learning how to be part of a team. Share the mistakes, the lessons, the personal growth. What have you learned about empathy, about listening, about putting the team before yourself?
Emotions and reflections
- Share a moment of unexpected joy that made you smile this week: Tell the story of something that recently brought unexpected joy to your day. It could be a random act of kindness, a beautiful sunset, a child’s laughter. Share the emotion, the surprise, and what it reminded you about finding joy in the little things.
- Share the most exciting moment in your career: Share a moment that stands out in your career. It could be a big win, a turning point, or a moment of recognition.
- Share something that pisses you off: This could be a pet peeve about your industry, people, or an injustice happening somewhere.
- Share a time you faced self-doubt: Talk about a moment when you doubted yourself or your abilities, and how you worked through those feelings. It’s a way to show vulnerability and resilience.
- Share a meaningful relationship or mentorship: Discuss a relationship that has deeply impacted your life, such as a mentor, a close friend, or a family member. Explain how they’ve influenced you and what you’ve learned from them.
- Share a tribute to someone you’ve lost: If you’ve lost someone important to you, consider writing a tribute to honor their memory. Share what they meant to you and how they continue to influence your life.
- Share a story of forgiveness or reconciliation: Talk about a time when you forgave someone or reconciled a broken relationship. Discuss the process, the emotions involved, and what it taught you about empathy and understanding.
Inspiration and motivation
- Celebrate a milestone: This could be a personal or professional milestone such as an anniversary, a promotion, or reaching a particular goal.
- Share a recent conversation that inspired you: This could be a mentor’s advice, a colleague’s insight, or a friend’s encouragement.
- Share a quote that resonated with you: It could be related to your industry or something more universal.
- Share an unlikely source of inspiration: This could’ve been a conversation, a book, or even a piece of art.
Challenges and problem-solving
- Share a personal struggle and how you’re overcoming it: Open up about a personal challenge that’s been weighing on you. It could be a mental health struggle, a family issue, or a personal growth obstacle. Share not just the problem but the emotions, the ups and downs, and the strategies you’re using to overcome it. Invite others to share their stories too, creating a space of empathy, support, and encouragement.
- Share a genuine problem and ask for help: Admit that you’re stuck on a particular problem, whether it’s professional, personal, or creative. Share the details, the attempts you’ve made to solve it, and the frustration or confusion you’re feeling. Ask for help not as a last resort but as a way to engage with others, learn from their perspectives, and foster a sense of community and collaboration.
- Share your biggest challenge of the last year: Reflect on the past year and identify the single biggest challenge you faced. Share the story, the setbacks, the triumphs, and the lessons learned. Make it a narrative of resilience, growth, and human connection, not just a success story.
- Share a challenge you set for yourself and invite others to join: Create a challenge for yourself, whether it’s a fitness goal, a creative project, or a self-improvement journey. Share the why, the how, and the progress updates. Invite others to join you, creating a shared journey of challenge, support, and growth.
Connections and networking
- Share a professional event or conference: If you’re attending or hosting a professional event, let people know to join and link up with you there.
- Share a LinkedIn Event you’re hosting or attending: If you’re hosting or attending a LinkedIn Event, share the details. Others might want to participate.
- Share a LinkedIn Live broadcast: If you’re going live on LinkedIn, let people know. They might want to tune in and hear what you have to say.
Learning and education
- Share a guide: If you’ve mastered a particular skill or process, create a step-by-step guide to help others. Don’t just list the steps; share the why, the common mistakes, the little tips that make a big difference, and the personal satisfaction that comes from mastering it.
- Share a tutorial: If you’ve found a helpful tutorial somewhere, share it. It could be a how-to guide or a video demonstration.
- Share a finance post: Open up about managing money, whether it’s budgeting, investing, or saving. Share your personal struggles, your successes, your learning curve, and your ongoing journey. Make it relatable, practical, and inspiring, turning the often dry subject of finance into a story of personal growth and empowerment.
- Share a health and wellness post: Share your personal journey towards health and well-being. It could be a physical transformation, a mental health journey, or a daily wellness routine. Share the struggles, the triumphs, the setbacks, and the ongoing commitment.
- Share a technology post: Share insights or tips related to technology. It could be a review of a new gadget or thoughts on a tech trend.
- Share your top book recommendations: If you’ve read some great books recently, tell people about it. Explain why you liked it and who might benefit from reading it.
- Share a recent book or article that made you think: This could be a thought-provoking read, a meaningful concept, or a delightful discovery that enlightened you with a new understanding, perspective, or insight.
- Share a free tool or resource: If you’ve found a tool or resource (like a checklist or template) that’s particularly helpful, share it to help others.
- Share an article that challenged you: It could be a new idea, a controversial argument, or a complex concept.
- Share a podcast episode: If you’ve listened to an interesting podcast episode, share it along with a brief summary of what you learned. Bonus points if you also share the transcript.
- Share a monthly roundup of your content: If you create regular content, compile it into a monthly roundup. It’s a convenient way for people to catch up on what they might have missed.
- Share video content: Video content can be engaging and informative. Share a video that’s relevant to your field or create one yourself.
- Share a webinar: If you’re hosting or attending a webinar, let people know. They might be interested in joining.
- Share a LinkedIn article you’ve written: If you’ve penned an article on LinkedIn, share it with your connections. It’s a great way to showcase your expertise.
Product and service promotion
- Share a call to action for a product or service: If you’re promoting a product or service, share it and show people how it helps them and what you want them to do next.
- Share a product review: If you’ve tried a new product, share your thoughts on it. It could help others make a more informed buying decision.
- Share a customer testimonial or success story: Share a heartfelt testimonial from a customer that touched you. Tell the story behind it, the work that went into earning that praise, and what it means to you. Make it a tribute to the relationship, not just the result.
Fun and engagement
- Share a funny experience on Zoom or Teams: Tell the story of that time when something hilariously unexpected happened during a virtual meeting. Was it a pet’s surprise appearance, a wardrobe malfunction, or a technical glitch that turned into a comedy of errors? Share the laughter, the embarrassment, and what it taught you about the importance of humor in our connected yet distant digital world.
- Share a funny post: Share something that made you laugh. It’s a great way to lighten the mood and connect with others.
- Share a LinkedIn poll to gather opinions: Create a LinkedIn poll to gather opinions on a particular topic from other LinkedIn users. It’s a quick way to gauge what people think.
- Share a question to engage your audience: Pose a question that invites people to share stories, opinions, or ideas. It could be something related to your industry, a philosophical question, or a fun hypothetical scenario. Sharing your own answer too makes it a way to learn more about your connections, not just a way to fill your comment section.
- Share a game or challenge: Invite your connections to participate in a game or challenge that you’ve come up with. It could be a riddle, a creative prompt, or a virtual scavenger hunt. Share the rules, the prizes (if any), and make it a way to foster creativity, collaboration, and community.
- Share a favorite meme or GIF: Share a meme or GIF that you can’t get enough of, but also share why it resonates with you. Is it a reflection of your daily life, a perfect encapsulation of your favorite movie, or just something that makes you smile every time? Make it a way to share a piece of your personality, not just a viral image.
Marketing and sales insights
- Share a business development post: Talk about a time when you took a risk to grow your business or helped a client expand theirs. Share the fears, the failures, the triumphs, and what you learned about innovation, persistence, and vision.
- Share a customer service post: Share a deeply personal story of a customer service experience that moved you. It could be a time when you went above and beyond to help a customer, or when someone else’s extraordinary service made a lasting impression on you. What did it teach you about empathy, about exceeding expectations, about the human side of business?
- Share a marketing post: Open up about a marketing campaign that you poured your heart and soul into. Share the creative process, the doubts, the breakthroughs, the results, and what it taught you about connecting with people, about storytelling, about authenticity.
- Share a sales post: Share a story about a sale that meant more to you than just a transaction. It could be your first big sale, a sale that you almost lost but turned around, or a sale that taught you something invaluable about persuasion, about understanding needs, about building trust.
- Share a failure in marketing or sales: Talk about a time when things didn’t go as planned. Share the mistakes, the lessons learned, and how it shaped your approach to marketing or sales. What did it teach you about resilience, about learning from failure, about continuous improvement?
- Share a mentor’s advice on marketing or sales: Share a piece of wisdom from someone who guided you in your marketing or sales career. Tell the story of how their advice came at just the right time and made a profound difference in your approach.
- Share a trend that’s shaping marketing or sales: Reflect on a trend that’s changing the way you approach marketing or sales. Share how it’s challenged you to think differently, to adapt, to grow. What does it reveal about the future of connecting with customers?
- Share your philosophy on ethical marketing or sales: Open up about your beliefs and values when it comes to marketing or sales. Share your commitment to honesty, to value, to building genuine relationships, and how you strive to live those values every day.
Leadership and management
- Share your philosophy on leadership and collaboration: Open up about your beliefs and values when it comes to working with others. Share your struggles to become a better leader or collaborator, and what you strive for in your relationships with colleagues.
- Share a legal post: If you have insights into legal aspects related to your field, share them. It could help someone navigate complex regulations.
- Share a human resources post: Share insights or tips related to HR. It could be about hiring, team building, or maintaining a positive work environment.
- Share a team-building activity or exercise: Describe a team-building exercise that was particularly powerful for you. What did it reveal to you about yourself, about your teammates, about how you work together?
- Share insights on conflict resolution: Offer advice on resolving conflicts within a team or organization, drawing from real-life examples.
- Share a leadership book recommendation: Recommend a book that has shaped your leadership style, and explain why it’s a must-read for other leaders.
- Share a post about diversity and inclusion: Discuss the importance of diversity and inclusion in leadership, and share strategies for fostering an inclusive environment.
Holidays, rest, and travel
- Share a seasonal or holiday post: Share something related to a current season or upcoming holiday. It could be a festive greeting or seasonal tips.
- Share a favorite holiday tradition: Talk about a family or cultural tradition that you enjoy during the holidays, and why it’s meaningful to you.
- Share a travel packing hack: Offer a clever packing tip or trick that has made your business or leisure travel more efficient.
- Share a holiday recipe: If you have a favorite recipe that you enjoy during a specific holiday, share it along with a personal story or tradition.
- Share a travel safety tip: Provide advice on staying safe while traveling, whether it’s related to health precautions, security, or local customs.
- Share a holiday-themed team activity: Describe a festive activity or event that your team participated in, and how it contributed to team bonding.
- Share a favorite travel destination for relaxation: Talk about a place you’ve visited that’s perfect for unwinding, and why others might enjoy it too.
- Share your thoughts on work-life balance and personal well-being: Open up about your struggles and successes in finding a work-life balance. Share what strategies you use to take care of your mental and physical well-being, and encourage others to prioritize their health too.
- Share a guide to traveling on a budget: Provide tips for affordable travel, including how to find deals on accommodations, transportation, and activities.
And there you have it – a treasure trove of LinkedIn post ideas to help you publish engaging content and drive your LinkedIn marketing strategy forward.
These ideas are just a starting point. Feel free to mix them up, add your personal touch, and create posts that reflect who you are and what you stand for.
Your unique perspective is what makes your LinkedIn content valuable to your connections.
Don’t be afraid to share your thoughts, celebrate your successes, ask for insights, or even share a laugh.
Go ahead and dive in. Your audience is waiting to hear from you.
Other tips to keep in mind
- Understanding the LinkedIn algorithm: The LinkedIn algorithm prioritizes sharing content that encourages engagement. Share valuable content that resonates with your LinkedIn audience, and you’ll likely see more visibility in the LinkedIn feed.
- Targeting potential customers: Tailor your content to appeal to your ideal potential customer. Whether you’re in B2B marketing or reaching out to individual consumers, understanding your audience’s needs and interests will help you craft content that resonates.
- Digital marketing integration: Your LinkedIn strategy should be a part of your overall digital marketing plan. Share quality content that aligns with your brand and other social media marketing efforts to create a cohesive online presence.
- Engaging with followers: Engage with your followers by sharing insights, asking questions, and responding to comments. This not only builds your LinkedIn connections but also establishes you as an industry expert.
- Use your LinkedIn company page: Your LinkedIn company page is a vital tool for B2B marketing. Share press releases, updates, and valuable content to showcase your business and engage with other LinkedIn members.
- Personal touch: Remember, LinkedIn is a platform where people connect. Add a personal touch to your content. Share stories, experiences, and insights that reflect you as a person, not just an industry expert.
- Quality over quantity: Focus on providing quality content rather than overwhelming your audience with too much information. Well-crafted, valuable content will help you stand out and keep your LinkedIn presence strong and engaging.
- Building LinkedIn connections: Actively seek and connect with people in your industry. These LinkedIn connections can become valuable collaborators, clients, or advocates for your brand.
- Press release and announcements: Use LinkedIn to share press releases and important announcements. This platform is ideal for reaching a professional audience interested in industry news and updates.
- Audience engagement: Keep an eye on what resonates with your audience. Analyze what content gets the most engagement and tailor your LinkedIn strategy accordingly. It’s about building a community, not just sharing information.
- Leveraging social media marketing: Integrate your LinkedIn account with other social media marketing strategies. Cross-promote content, collaborate with influencers, and leverage analytics to create a well-rounded online presence.
- Stay updated: The world of LinkedIn and digital marketing is ever-changing. Stay updated with the latest trends, algorithm changes, and industry insights to keep your LinkedIn strategy fresh and effective.
Outsource your LinkedIn content writing
Feeling overwhelmed by all these ideas?
Want to engage your audience and position yourself as a thought leader but don’t have the time or the words?
LinkedIn ghostwriting might be the perfect solution for you.
With the help of a professional LinkedIn ghostwriter, you can have personalized, engaging, and authentic social media content crafted specifically for your LinkedIn profile, in your voice.
This content will help you build brand awareness and connect with potential clients on the world’s top professional social media platform.
With a ghostwriter taking care of your content, you can then focus on what you do best.
Contact us today to learn more about our LinkedIn ghostwriting services and how we can help you stand out from the crowd.